Today is Good Friday, the sun is shining, the cherry blossoms are blossoming and we think that it’s a good day to officially start our challenge.
In order to have a challenge, there needs to be a set of rules. Here is what we have come up with:
1. It is ok to wear a grey coat or cardigan – coats are an essential item in keeping warm and most of us don’t own a large amount of outerwear (well, maybe some of you do, but that is another post).
2. For comfort, are grey sweatpants ok on the weekend, or after 5pm at home ? Yes! As long as they fit well and are somewhat stylish.
3. Purses – grey and pewter purses and any other similar colour are definitely ok. Purses are an investment and you should use the ones you have.
4. Grey shoes – Runners, tennis shoes, and flip flops are acceptable. They just are. They are almost a given. Flats and boots, also ok. Good shoes are important to your look and first impressions. Always wear good shoes!
5. Accessories in shades of grey are also permitted. Scarves, belts and jewelry. It’s just too much to even think about replacing all of those items. But they need to be worn with colour!
6. Grey tops are only allowed in an emergency situation and must be worn with a colourful scarf or necklace.
7. The challenge will officially end on May 17th.
Sidebar…are we creating so many rules that we will eventually justify everything?
We will post photos and updates of what we are wearing, so wish us luck and follow along while we try to wear no grey for 50 days.