I learned a few things this past weekend:
1. Bend, OR is beautiful and I might like to live there one day.
2. With a little tweaking I might be able to play nine holes one day without completely embarrassing myself and holding up everyone playing behind me.
3. It’s not a myth, I am actually scared of snakes. Especially when one crosses the path on which I am hiking.
4. The fly fishing gene may actually run in my family. After watching our dad follow his passion for fishing for as long as I can remember, I actually caught five on my own (well, with the assistance of a guide – I couldn’t unhook those poor little fishes!).
5. I now understand something our dad has said for years: “A bad day on the river beats a good day at work.”