Stasha and the Monday Listicles wanted to know the 10 things that give us comfort. Being that today is Remembrance Day, I know that living in Canada gives me comfort. My home and my family are obvious choices and since these things go without saying, I am not going to put them on my list.
I am thinking more of creature comforts; those little extras that make day to day life enjoyable.
Here are my creature comforts (in no particular order):
- morning coffee – usually it is a latte and it is just the way I start my day
- my dog – she is still a pup and drives me crazy, but I love life with a dog
- new shoes – pretty much any kind of new footwear makes me smile
- chocolate – milk chocolate is good, but dark chocolate with sea salt relaxes me
- time with my friends – we don’t get together often, but is fun to be with them
- hand cream – lots of different kinds – my hands are addicted
- my iphone – just because of all the wonderful things I can do with it
- good food – pasta with a few glasses of wine is so comforting
- pedicures – any time of year!
- magazines – I get several subscriptions and love when I find them in the mailbox
Here’s hoping that today I get to take advantage of some of my creature comforts.