This week on the Monday Listicles, Stasha has suggested we list our top 10 favourite things about our homes or our cities. Since my sister and I share this blog, we thought we would each do our City Top 10.
So, without further ado, and counting down in no particular order, here are my sister’s Seattle Top 10:
1. Fantastic restaurants – something for every palette and budget
2. Space Needle
3. View of Mt. Rainier on a clear day
4. Lake Washington, Lake Sammamish, Lake Union – all within 20 minutes of each other
5. Close proximity to Vancouver, B.C. where my family lives
6. Unlimited access to and choice of amazing Washington wines
7. Friendly people
8. Beautiful hiking trails a short drive away
9. Seattle legalized gay marriage
10. Hometown of Nordstrom
My Vancouver Top 10 are:
1. Close to the ocean and beaches – only 10 minutes away!
2. Only 1.5 hours to Whistler, door to door
3. Dog friendly city (well, most places)
4. So many restaurants, so little time – we have great choices at great prices
5. Only 45 minutes to the US border enroute to visit my sister, and shop (of course)
6. The weather – we actually have 4 seasons (albeit a couple of them are pretty rainy)
7. The year round Farmers Markets – the Winter Market is just blocks from my house!
8. Easy access to our community centres for swimming, skating and other fun activities
9. The Vancouver Aquarium – it is probably the place my kids ask to go the most
10. The Canucks – love ’em or hate ’em, but they are our home team!