We are having a bit of a heat wave right now and the heat is making me crave refreshing salads. I had a version of this yummy salad at a friend’s and I have modified it slightly to suit our family’s taste buds.
It is full of protein and flavour and looks great, too!
- 2 (19 oz) cans of chick peas, drained & rinsed
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- feta cheese (add as much as you like)
- onion or scallions, diced (add as much as you like)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I used slightly less)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano. Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and pour dressing over and toss gently. Add salt & pepper.
Try it – I hope you will like it!
linking up with: The Jenny Evolution