The No Grey Challenge #3 started on April 1st and I pretty much failed the whole first week. Since then, I think I have done very well. Aside from not posting enough of my daily outfits, I have been refraining from wearing grey.
Here is a quick roundup of me and my wardrobe over the past couple of weeks:
I think the Gap cargo jacket might have to go. The proportions just don’t look right on me and the jacket feels a little short. What do you think?
I saw someone wearing denim and camo and I thought it looked cute. I think I look a little frumpy in this outfit. The denim shirt is a boyfriend style and perhaps I could use a more fitted version.
I felt pretty good the day I wore this outfit. It was sunny outside, the pink striped tee is new and was easy to wear.
This grey top that has slipped into my outfit as it was a little chilly out and I just wanted to wear it! My first week of the challenge had a few fails, but I’ve done no grey since then. That’s pretty good, isn’t it?
The challenge for me officially ended on May 20th – yesterday. I have put all my long sleeved grey tops and sweaters away for the Spring and Summer months, but I will start wearing my short sleeved grey tops and cardigans now that my challenge is over. I’m hoping to keep from wearing grey all day every day, so wish me luck (and maybe a few new tops to wear) !
Today is Good Friday, the sun is shining, the cherry blossoms are blossoming and we think that it’s a good day to officially start our challenge.
In order to have a challenge, there needs to be a set of rules. Here is what we have come up with:
1. It is ok to wear a grey coat or cardigan – coats are an essential item in keeping warm and most of us don’t own a large amount of outerwear (well, maybe some of you do, but that is another post).
2. For comfort, are grey sweatpants ok on the weekend, or after 5pm at home ? Yes! As long as they fit well and are somewhat stylish.
3. Purses – grey and pewter purses and any other similar colour are definitely ok. Purses are an investment and you should use the ones you have.
4. Grey shoes – Runners, tennis shoes, and flip flops are acceptable. They just are. They are almost a given. Flats and boots, also ok. Good shoes are important to your look and first impressions. Always wear good shoes!
5. Accessories in shades of grey are also permitted. Scarves, belts and jewelry. It’s just too much to even think about replacing all of those items. But they need to be worn with colour!
6. Grey tops are only allowed in an emergency situation and must be worn with a colourful scarf or necklace.
7. The challenge will officially end on May 17th.
Sidebar…are we creating so many rules that we will eventually justify everything?
We will post photos and updates of what we are wearing, so wish us luck and follow along while we try to wear no grey for 50 days.