I’ve been following the good life and really enjoying her Monday Listicles. So, this week’s list got me thinking. I have a family of 4; 2 adults, 2 kids under 7 and 1 dog. We enjoy food and drink, who doesn’t? But with the amount of groceries that I buy, you would think there are more than 4 of us eating regularly at our house.
I do a big shop at Costco about every 10 days and I supplement that with a weekly trip (or two, or three) to Safeway or Superstore and the local produce market.
So why do I need to shop so frequently? Well, here are the top 10 things that we consume at break neck speed:
- Cream – for coffee and we drink a fair amount of coffee.
- Yogurt – my youngest and I are pretty much addicted to plain Greek yogurt with honey and berries.
- Bread – we don’t eat a lot of sandwiches, but for some reason, we always need more bread.
- Fresh fruit – especially strawberries, blackberries and blueberries at this time of year.
- Veggies – broccoli, baby carrots and kale are always favourites.
- Que Pasa Organic Nacho chips – we love these chips as nachos, or plain with either salsa or hummus.
- Beer and wine – because, just because it goes so well with everything.
- Eggs – Between eating them for breakfast and baking muffins, we seem to go through a dozen eggs in less than a week. I don’t think Dr. Oz would be too happy with us on this.
- Fresh fish – Dr. Oz would be happy that we eat salmon and other fish a couple times each week.
- Dog treats – We are in training mode with our puppy and she is sure getting a lot of treats these days.
I love making lists; for groceries, what to do, home repairs, summer ideas, where to go, etc. I’ll post more lists in the future as it’s fun to put them out there.
I wonder what my sister is buying this week ?