Isn’t this a good check for ourselves?
Last week, the Monday Listicles wanted to know what your favourite new things were, but I was a little disorganized last week, so I never made my list. This week, it’s a free style list – list your own top 10 whatevers!
So, I’m going back to last week and I’m going to list my 10 favourite new things (in no particular order):
- Shoes, boots, runners (tennis shoes), flip flops – basically any new footwear!
- Books – I love cracking the spine and turning the pages of a new book.
- Magazines – I have a subscription to 3 monthly magazines and I love the day they arrive.
- Friends – I have met a few in the past years and am so glad they are people I now call a friend.
- Movies – it is so much fun to see a new movie and thankfully, there have been a lot of them recently.
- Notebooks – I love writing in a brand new notebook with clean pages.
- Lists – I make a new to-do list every Monday.
- Tricks – when our dog does a new trick, it makes all of us smile!
- Chocolate – opening a new dark chocolate with sea salt bar – mmm!!
- Make up – I don’t wear a lot, but I love getting new product to try and use.
Stasha and the Monday Listicles wanted to know the 10 things that give us comfort. Being that today is Remembrance Day, I know that living in Canada gives me comfort. My home and my family are obvious choices and since these things go without saying, I am not going to put them on my list.
I am thinking more of creature comforts; those little extras that make day to day life enjoyable.
Here are my creature comforts (in no particular order):
- morning coffee – usually it is a latte and it is just the way I start my day
- my dog – she is still a pup and drives me crazy, but I love life with a dog
- new shoes – pretty much any kind of new footwear makes me smile
- chocolate – milk chocolate is good, but dark chocolate with sea salt relaxes me
- time with my friends – we don’t get together often, but is fun to be with them
- hand cream – lots of different kinds – my hands are addicted
- my iphone – just because of all the wonderful things I can do with it
- good food – pasta with a few glasses of wine is so comforting
- pedicures – any time of year!
- magazines – I get several subscriptions and love when I find them in the mailbox
Here’s hoping that today I get to take advantage of some of my creature comforts.