This week, the Monday Listicles asks what do we do regularly on the weekend? So, my sister and I thought we would do this list together and add a second list of what we would like to be doing on the weekend.
What we do regularly:
- Laundry, laundry and more laundry
- Read the Sunday paper
- Something active with my girls (hike, bike, jump on trampoline, etc
- Stay in pj’s as long as possible!
- Order Pizza
- Hockey – watching a practice or game for my son
- Ordering in or going out to a restaurant
- Skating lessons with my daughter
- Drinking lots of coffee
- Going for a run
What we would really like to do on a weekend:
- Plan, shop and prep all meals for the coming week
- Get a massage
- Have an entire day to myself
- Complete a DIY project
- Read a book
- Go shopping
- Get a mani/pedi
- Have an entire day (or weekend) to myself
- Have lunch out with friends
- Try skiing again
I love food.
Sometimes, I wake up in the morning and plan out all my meals for the day. Not just for meal planning, but for the sheer enjoyment of food. I can often be found thinking about what my next snack or meal will be while I am still enjoying my current meal!
I’m a SAHM, so I do most of the cooking in our home, but occasionally my husband jumps in to help. He doesn’t have a lot of meals in his repetoire, but the food he does cook is pretty darn good.
Today’s Monday Listicles is all about our 10 favourite meals. Here is my list (in no particular order):
- butter chicken – a family favourite whether it is homemade or from an Indian restaurant
- crackers and hummus – yes, this can be a meal
- my morning latte and toast with eggs
- my husband’s homemade schnitzel with spaetzle – he grew up with this dish and now makes it for us
- mussels and fries from our favourite French bistro, Les Faux Bourgeois (yum, yum, yum)
- burgers at home with blue cheese and an icy cold lager – another of my husband’s specialties
- pizza with olives, feta and salami – usually made at home
- fish tacos – mainly a summer time meal, but oh so good!
- pasta, pasta, pasta with a great wine
- antipasto platter, again served with a great wine
Yum. I wonder what we are going to have for dinner tonight….