This week, The Monday Listicles wants to know 10 things we would tell our teenage self. When I first read this, I thought I wouldn’t have anything to say, but then I realized there are a few things I would have liked to have known.
So, I’m going to turn back the clock and tell my teenage self to listen up!
- Don’t wear tight jeans – lycra and stretch jeans are on the way (albeit years away)
- Don’t let your mom perm your hair at home (unless she is a professional hairdresser-mine wasn’t)
- Don’t let mean girls bother you – there are lots of nice girls to be friends with
- Be glad there is no Facebook
- Really try and get good grades – even in algebra (although you will rarely use it)
- Boys will come and go and come and go
- Your parents really do know a lot more than you think
- Your parents really love you and want you to be happy
- Know you are a good person and to be who you are
- Try new things (safe things, not dangerous dumb a@* things)