This week, the Monday Listicles is asking what adventures can you do close to home. Living in Vancouver offers us so many opportunities, so I will just list those that we like:
- Hit the beach – which one? Any! We are lucky to have so many choices so close to us
- Drive to Whistler – it takes less than 2 hours and there is so much to do there any time of the year
- Explore the trails on the UBC Endowment Lands
- Have a coffee, or two, or three – I think Vancouver has more coffee shops than people
- Drive South of the border – Point Roberts is a quaint little place (that is in the US and you can only get to by going through Canada) and it takes about 40 minutes to get there from our house
- Go out for dinner – we have so many great restaurants that there is something for everyone
- Check out Stanley Park: ride the train, bike the seawall or go to the Aquarium
- Try a craft beer – there are so many new breweries popping up
- Granville Island – the market, the shops, the restaurants, the view, etc, etc..
- Our three local mountains; ski or hike depending on the season
We were lucky enough to spend our this past weekend in the San Juan Islands which is South of the border and about 2 hours from home for us. Such a sweet spot and I am so glad we got to go there.
Hope you had a great weekend, too!
linking up with: the Jenny Evolution